TRE (Tactical Recovery Equipment) has designed fairleads to go along with their products, specifically the Safety Thimble 2 and the Safety Thimble 3. TRE currently offers several different designs of Aluminum Hawse fairleads so that you can choose the one that fits your needs depending on the equipment that you currently have installed.
The Safety Thimble Fairlead is designed for use with the Safety Thimble 2. It allows the Safety Thimble 2 to be placed in an upright position on the fairlead. By having the Safety Thimble in an upright position, this keeps the Safety Thimble from being the front-most part of your jeep or off road vehicle. This is especially good for rock crawlers. Now you do not have to worry about hitting your Safety Thimble on a rock or ledge that you are about to climb.
TRE Hawse Fairlead Features:
- Precision machined from 6061 Aluminum.
- Anodized using a 2 step Electrolytic process during anodizing to help resist fading. Currently they are only anodized in Black, since black is the only color found to resist fading the most.
- The curvature of the fairlead openings are designed to cause the least resistance to abrasion to your synthetic winch rope, even while under load.
- Includes all Stainless Steel hardware needed for installation
- Made in the USA
The fairlead replaces standard Hawse Fairleads and roller fairleads and fits all standard winch mounts.
The TRE Aluminum Hawse Fairleads are designed to help protect your Safety Thimble as well as your synthetic winch rope.
*Designed for use with ONLY the Original Safety Thimble 2
* For use with synthetic winch rope only (Steel cable will damage fairleads)
The TRE Safety Thimble Fairlead 5 allows you to place your Safety Thimble in an upright position at the top of the fairlead when not in use. This keeps the Safety Thimble from being the front-most part of your jeep or off road vehicle. This is especially good for rock crawlers. Now you do not have to worry about hitting your Safety Thimble on a rock or ledge that you are about to climb. These are available in anodized Black or Bright Dip (clear).
The TRE Safety Fairlead 4 is the same as the Safety Fairlead 5 but is 1″ shorter for vehicles that have a light bar mounted over their fairlead mount. Some of these light mounts get in the way of using the Fairlead 5.