The Safety Thimble II – Black is the most commonly used Thimble. Designed for 5/16 inch to 3/8 inch synthetic winch ropes found on most Jeeps, Trucks and other Off Road Vehicles. The Winch Safety Thimble is designed to work with a 3/4 inch anchor shackle either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
Features of the Safety Thimble II
- The Safety Thimble II is precision CNC machined 6061 aircraft grade aluminum.
- Designed for 5/16 inch to 3/8 inch synthetic winch ropes.
- Designed to be used with a 3/4 inch shackle either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
- Diameter and shape of the eye adheres to minimum radius requirements to achieve rated breaking strength of the synthetic lines.
- The design of the eye has a deep groove that provides protection against abrasion of synthetic winch rope.
- The Flat Base design fits securely against the Hawse Fairlead to prevent damage to synthetic winch rope.
- The Safety Thimble is 100 percent designed, manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA.
Note: Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with shackles for rigging. Hooks can not be used.