Bright Dipped Safety Thimble I | ATV/UTV Winch Rope Thimble
Out of stock
The Bright Dipped Safety Thimble I is a smaller version of the Safety Thimble II. The STI is perfect for winches 4,000 lbs. or smaller. They are designed to be used with a 1/2″ bow or D-ring shackles or TRE ATV/UTV Soft Shackles.
Out of stock
Bright Dipped Safety Thimble I | ATV/UTV Winch Rope Thimble – Tactical Recovery Equipment
The ATV/UTV Bright Dipped Safety Thimble I is designed to prevent the thimble from getting pulled into the fairlead where most accidents happen in winching, often due to winch “run-on” from electric winches. The ATV/UTV Bright Dipped Safety Thimble I is designed with several features to reduce the risks during the inherently dangerous activity of self-recovery with a winch. Unlike hooks and standard steel, the flat base lands flat on the face of the fairlead to prevent pulling through the fairlead. It also prevents damage to rollers and the smooth radii of Hawse Fairleads. This product forces the user to use safer connections than a shackle can afford when performing recovery operations. The Safety Thimble is designed to allow the least number of connections due to the fact that an anchor shackle will fit the thimble either by the pin or the body of the shackle.
The Safety Thimble I is small enough to use on ATV, Razors, Rhinos and other small capacity utility vehicles. The Thimble is easy to use with ATV Soft Shackles, ATV Synthetic Winch Ropes,
Bright Dipped Safety Thimble I Features:
- The Safety Thimble is precision machined CNC 6061 Aluminum Heavy Duty Thimble.
- Each Safety Thimble is anodized with an Electrolytic Two Step Process to help resist fading.
- The diameter and shape of the eye on the Safety Thimble is designed to adhere to minimum radius requirements to achieve rated breaking strength of the synthetic lines.
- The design of the eye has a deep groove that allows protection against abrasion on synthetic winch line.
- The Flat Base design fits securely against the fairlead and will not damage the fairlead. This is important because a scratched fairlead causes abrasion on synthetic ropes that can cause them to break.
- Made in the USA! The Safety Thimble is 100% designed, manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA.
NOTE: Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with shackles for rigging. Hooks can not be used.
Part #: TRE-ST1-BD
|Dimensions||4 x 4 x 4 in|