Safety Thimbles now come in different colors! Colored Safety Thimbles are of the same design as the original black thimbles. Add a little bit of color to your recovery gear!
The Safety Thimble II is designed and manufactured 100% in the USA! It is a precision made CNC machined 6061 aircraft grade Aluminum heavy duty thimble. The Winch Safety Thimble is designed to prevent the thimble from getting pulled into the fairlead where most accidents happen in winching, often due to winch “run-on” from electric winches. The Safety Thimble II, unlike hooks and standard eye thimbles, do not scratch your fairlead which otherwise can cause damage to synthetic winch ropes. It is also the lightest and most versatile recovery option to be used with synthetic winch line.
Features of the Safety Thimble II
- CNC precision made 6061 aircraft grade aluminum
- Anodized Black with Electrolytic Two-Step Process. This is the only color we have found that resists fading.
- Designed for 5/16 or 3/8 synthetic ropes and winch line.
- Designed to be used with a 3/4″ shackle that fits into the safety thimble in either direction.
- Smooth lightweight design, that does not cause damage to your fairlead.
- Made in USA
NOTE: Safety Thimbles are designed to be used with shackles for rigging. Hooks can not be used.
Vehicle recovery is not worth the safety risk associated with standard winch hooks.